EdcampMY7Oaks events may only occur a few times a year, but there are things you can do in between:
- Follow @MY7Oaks on Twitter. Check out the Facebook Page.
- Stay up-to-date with the #MY7Oaks and #EdCamp hashtags
- Don’t have a Twitter account? Make one, and create your own professional learning network
- Think about what you’d like to learn – Make an invitation.
- What could you share with others – no need to craft a huge presentation. The idea is to talk with participants about your ideas rather than giving while they sit. Make an invitation.
- What conversations would you like to have about education, content areas, practice, assessment, strategies, innovations, initiatives? Make an invitation.
- View some EdCamp videos from around the world. Short videos about what EdCamps are, to full recorded sessions.
- Visit EdCamp websites.
- Follow an EdCamp hashtag some Saturday, or view Tweets from a past event.
- Learn about the unconference model
- While you’re at it, have a peek at BarCamps
- Have you heard about TeachMeets?
- Did you know there have been TeachMeets in Winnipeg?
- Some TeachMeets are held online so you can participate from home
Are you an EdCamp Veteran? What do you do to prepare? What should newbies know?